Saturday, October 16, 2010

City Visit and Eat Pray Love 29/09/2010

I paid another visit to City(which by now I've been to plenty of times.) with Ye Lim to watch a movie-

We went around the city to find this place "cornerhouse" which is a complex with the movies and other restraurants. We took a while finding our way there due not being familiar with town centre(which I am now relatively competent in)

Due to having got there too early (Around 10.15?) we went around the town, ventured towards Victoria Centre to kill time until maybe about 10.45. our movie was due to start at 11.



The movies are cheaper in the mornings here. I believe about 50p or so difference which is about $ 1.50 for us. We opted to watch Eat Pray Love.

LOOOOLLIES at the movies. They call lollies "sweets" over here. they find it funny to say lollies.







Ye Lim bought some corn chips and coke which I stole a bit of.

Eat Pray Love was good enough- it was a bit compact, and did not convey the tone of the book (insofar as I have read- i read the "Eat" bit lol) too well, but that's the limitation of the medium and I was well impressed with the movie.

It made me feel a lot of different emotions- how we have to move on from our past, how we have to deal with things, live with things, finding our balance. I now want to read the rest of the book(it's back in NZ! GAH!)

Speaking of books- I have found my medium of procrastination: ebay.co.uk and amazon.co.uk!
It's sooo great to not have to pay for exorbitant shipping fees. Amazon has been great, I bought so many books, some of which have been life-changing for me. The problem really is the taking them back home...which I will think about later.

Hope everyone is keeping well.
My heart goes out especially to Victoria and her family. I will keep you in my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment