Saturday, September 18, 2010

Korea!

Late entry!

So i stopped over in Korea to get to England: a night's accomodation provided by Korean Air in a nice hotel called the "harbor park". We were taken there from the airport. It is situated in Incheon, Korea so the setting was pretty familiar(Incheon is where I grew up!)

Met a guy called Steve on the bus going back to Leeds from Wellington to visit his family. Obviously no photo as that would once again be strange.

My room. Ahhhh.
Good tv, good room.

View from the room. I believe the number was 1127.
Then my aunt and uncle came by with Tong dak which is kind of fried chicken dipped in sweet and sour sauce. my fav food in Korea by far. After I had some we went for a walk around the Hotel.
There is China Town near there, so we went there for a stroll. It has changed so much since I last went there which was when I was about..10. I remember having Black Bean Noodles there..the way the actual Chinese Koreans make it! :D
This town has a lot of buildings that were from the Japanese invasion era, so the buildings seem to reflect the architecture of that time.





I think this was the place I had real chinese "jja jang meon" when I was little. Memories.




My auntie and uncle! :) awesome peple.






The big bridge which apparently is very famous. :)





A cafe decorated with bottle tops.



Close up! see the bottle tops?



Now..see me?



Thought it was a funny sign.


I came back home and ate some more and slept.
The next day I woke up early and had another stroll, this time more deeply through everywhere.


The China-Korea Museum in China Town.




An Entranace to China Town. There are several entrances I believe.


Cuz it was so early in the morning the streets were empty, just the way I like it! :D Look at the Chinese-y buildings!



Wall with the story of "3 Nations"


Freedom Park. This park I think was made in commemoration of the 6.25 war (the Korean war!)

Captain McArthur from American Army who led the South Korea to victory.




Panoramic view of the park.

This is a little area in the park- I remember taking a photo here as a very young child, so this was a very strange moment for me to be back here.
Korean National Flower!



Still Freedom Park


View from Freedom Park. The sky seems "smog-like" (smog= smoke+ fog). Might be pollution.
Shopping district "Shin Po Dong" - still too early.

There were art galleries around the Hotel.
Then I came back and had breakfast from the buffet on 15th level of the Hotel.



Had quite a nice spread: croissants, danishes, muffins, dimsums(?!), Korean food, musli, pancakes, etc etc.



My breakfast. Taking into consideration that I had the left over tong dak for breakfast before I went for a walk, I was over-eating but I couldn't resist! new food!

After that went to the airport and left for London! :D That side of the story is too grand to tell- maybe soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment